The Whitehall Spirit® Rowing Club Franchise is no longer available. What we are offering now is much better! Much simpler! And much less money!
The decision has been made to now simply offer the components of a Rowing Club including boats, docks, training and online operating system for sale, directly from the companies who make them. The entry costs are now lower and the benefits are even greater for those who want to open a rowing club business in their area that’s fun, easy to run and caters to a growing market of both young and aging people who like to keep fit while enjoying the water. This also means that Club owners will now pay no franchise fee or ongoing monthly royalties. Club owners will operate entirely independent businesses yet still gain the benefits of Whitehall’s 30 years of small boat manufacturing, plus four years of our groundwork efforts developing the rowing club.
Our original “All Water” Rowing Club, operating smoothly in Victoria BC for over three years, inspired the “All Water” rowing club franchise concept. However in the development of a franchise we found that area governmental franchise regulations, annual registration fees, and accounting and legal expenses of filing renewals required to keep the head office functioning were too high to justify continued development. But more than anything, the high cost of monitoring locations to ensure things were run to proper standards became an issue and we had to admit, policing is not our strong suit.
You are now able to purchase the following components:
- The famous “All Water” Whitehall Spirit® Solo 14 and Tango 17 sculling boats with associated rowing and safety gear required for clubs. Provided by Whitehall Rowing & Sail.
- Also available are the new Xeno Mueller “All Water” Signature Models. Xeno won both Olympic Gold and Silver and held the world record in men’s single scull rowing for 16 years. The Xeno Muller Signature models are at : http://whitehallsolo.com/tango-17/xeno-muller-tango-17/
- Dock system with boat storage bunks for launching, retrieving and keeping boats secure, clean and quick and easy to handle by members. Provided by Whitehall Rowing & Sail.
- Custom built gear cabinet with locker, kiosk with notice board, key boxes and security system. Provided by Whitehall Rowing & Sail.
- Consultation on suitable location for a club and installing the dock. Provided by Whitehall Rowing & Sail.
- Custom website, membership, management, accounts and time booking software provided by The Number Computing Services.
- Training instruction in open water rowing. Provided by independent rowing instruction contractor, Andrea Guyon.
Why own an “All Water” Rowing Club?
Owning a Rowing Club means you enjoy a “turn-key” operation that operates somewhat like a time share and in most locations requires no management present on the club docks. This means no staff expenses, low overheads and reasonable club rates.
As a new member when you first join up you receive orientation in club procedures and rowing skills on an as needed basis. Next you simply purchase a bank of hours online. You can then can sign in on the club website with your password and book your boat. The system sends you back a keycode for your chosen boat. You go to the docks at the appointed time, unlock your boat, slip it into the water, head off rowing and put it back when you are done. No initial boat expense, no moorage fees, no insurance, maintenance or worries.
The automated online booking system means a boat is ready for a member to go rowing on short notice or it can be booked well ahead. It tracks the members and club usage and reports to the owner. This is a business designed for current economic times.
“We will endeavour to assist you to make your club stand out as a premier innovative new water sport business in your community” - Harold Aune & Marie Hutchinson